Saturday, October 4, 2008

Becoming one with my baking side!

So I have been really wanting to learn how to make bread so on Thursday at church they had a bread baking class. I was sooo excited that I went and it was really easy. I think I might start baking bread on a weekly basis. We'll see how it goes. I even baked a peach cobbler and peach crisp this week. I'm getting soo much better and so proud of myself and my family and old roomies you would be proud too. No more burning water and starting fire's with boiling water. Haaaa, haaaa...those were the days! I still feel bad about the house I almost burnt down in good 'ol Ephraim, Utah.
And......tada....here's my bread. What do you think?

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so proud of you!!! I have some good bread recipes to share when you want to make different kinds!!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you've come a long way with your cooking since the mish! I think the best thing we ever ate were on those rare occasions when we'd spend half our weekly food budget on avocados and eat nothing but guacamole for lunch...never mind that it was enough to feed a small army! :)

It's good to hear from you!

Peacock Family said...

watch out martha stewart...lol =) ah.. good ol' Ephraim utah.. its a memory within itself.. I'm jealous about your bread baking skills.. i totally forgot about it.. maybe you'll have to teach me your skills..

Erin said...

Hey Saunie! I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm glad that house didn't burn down in Ephraim! Yay!

It was good to see you up at Snowbird a couple months ago!

You can check out what I've been up to at www.gaddfam.blogspot.com

Take care girl! And darling kids!!!

Lloyd's Tribune said...

That looks so....yummy!! Congratulations on your bread making!
If you need a test taster, I'm available! he he he